Sunday 12 May 2013

Marwell Wildlife 10K and Fun Run, near Winchester


Today I attended the Marwell 10K running race and Fun Run, hosted by Marwell Wildlife and Hedge End Running Club.

Despite a few difficulties last year over the photography, I returned and was the official photographer for the event on 12 May 2013 for around the 8th year running. It was their annual 10K ‘road’ running race and Fun Run. The members and volunteers from Hedge End and previously Eastleigh running clubs, did a fantastic job at this race again and the atmosphere is friendly and family orientated. I was pleased to be well supported by the organisers again for their 2013 event who have promoted my presence on the Marwell website and race pack.

We had cool, overcast and windy conditions and I managed to capture a good selection of images around the course and near to the finish area. I photographed mainly at around 200m before the finish area and was able to capture images of the vast majority of runners as they sprinted into the Wildlife Park and towards the welcome finish line.

The location for this 10K and childrens fun run is truly unique. The event is supported by the staff at the Wildlife Park, a number of whom were running in the event. You can view their website here: http://www.marwell.org.uk/ The money raised from the event for the Wildlife Park (many of the runners raise sponsorship monies for it) will go towards Marwell’s ongoing work to conserve endangered species and habitats, both locally and internationally, and to care for and feed the animals in the park. So it is also a race with a great cause – Plus: it’s a great day out for kids and adults too.

You can view all the images of this and other such recent events at my website: www.martinlewis.biz where I host my events and other (mainly wedding) photography. A couple of images are shown here just to illustrate my role on the day.

The images are made available for viewing and sale to the runners, typically the same day of each sports event I cover. If you look at the sports events pages of my main website you can see the types of events (typically equestrian events of all types and some running) I usually cover.  

As always these images are © Martin Lewis Photographer and are protected under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and may not be used for any purpose without written permission from myself.
 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.