Saturday 2 October 2010

Wedding Photographer at St Annes in Portsmouth and The Royal Marines Museum in Southsea









Sadie and Mike’s wedding ceremony was at St Anne’s church in Portsmouth historic docklands, Hampshire. It’s a fantastic large, colourful and bright church in the docks at Portsmouth, near to my home town of Emsworth. The reception was at The Royal Marines Museum, Southsea, Hampshire.

I started my day at the church, with arrivals of Mike and his Best Man and the Ushers, followed by bridesmaids, then Sadie herself. Sadie and her Father arrived in a Black and White Daimler provided by Lawnswood Limousines. http://www.llcars.co.uk/

Sadie and Mike and members of their bridal party were fantastic to photograph as they were all very relaxed and clearly looking forward to a FUN day. They planned no formal ‘group photos’ at the church and just for later at the Royal Marines Museum. The ceremony was good to photograph as the church benefits from a fair amount of natural light and the Vicar and Verger are always very helpful to me at this church.

Having photographed the ceremony and signing of the registers, we opted for some guard of honor and confetti shots outside the front door of the church. We then rejoined the guests after a few photos and all gathered at the Green Routemaster Bus for the trip to the reception venue.
This visit to The Royal Marines Museum was the first this year for me. I advertise within the Royal Marines Wedding and Corporate Events brochure and supply images for use in their new website and other PR and marketing material. I hope to attend many more events in 2011 at this fantastic location. You can find their website via the link on the links page of my own website, or here: http://www.royalmarinesmuseum.co.uk/

The Royal Marines Museum is a wedding photographer and couples dream as it has extensive attractive grounds outside and some great locations and space inside too – with a fantastic formal staircase and beautiful rooms. If that wasn’t enough – it’s only a stones throw from the seafront / beach in Southsea and not far from some of my favourite places in Old Portsmouth for photography. You can contact Zeenat Turner at the venue on 02392 819 385 xt 241 or 249 or email her: zeenat.turner@royalmarinesmuseum.co.uk

On the day, I worked alongside County Caterers who I meet regularly at a weddings and corporate events throughout Portsmouth and Hampshire and I can certainly recommend them also as they often feed me too - THANK YOU!! http://www.countycaterers.co.uk/

I was also assisted by the very able and helpful Master of Ceremonies: Philip Gardner: http://www.toastmasterphilipgardner.co.uk/

I stayed right up to the first dance and Sadie’s Father sang a song for the couple to dance to, followed by a band for everyone, on this occasion!!

The images will be available for viewing for Sadie and Mike and their families very soon. I try and allow my blog images to reflect an insight into my approach and interests in photography and these are some of my personal favourites from this fantastic day.

As always these images are © Martin Lewis Photographer and are protected under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and may not be used for any purpose without written permission from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.