Friday 3 September 2010

Wedding photography in West Sussex | Farbridge near Chichester














Tori and Gareth’s wedding ceremony was at St Thomas a Becket church in Warblington, near Emsworth, Hampshire. It's a fantastic small Saxon church in a tiny hamlet near to my home town of Emsworth.
The reception was at Farbridge, West Dean, near Chichester, West Sussex.
I started my day at the church, with arrivals of Gareth and the Ushers, followed by bridesmaids, then her Mother, Father and Tori herself. Tori and her parents arrived in a White Rolls provided by Chris’s cars.

Both Tori, Gareth and members of their bridal party were fantastic to photograph as they were all very relaxed and clearly looking forward to a FUN day. The ceremony was good to photograph as the church benefits from a fair amount of natural light and the Vicar and Verger are always very helpful to me at Warblington.

Having photographed the ceremony and signing of the registers, we opted for some photos outside the front door of the church. We then rejoined the guests after a few photos and all gathered at the red Routemaster Bus from Local Haunts for the trip to the reception venue.

This visit to Farbridge was a first for me. Farbridge is a wedding photographers and couples dream as it is located in private land on a rural estate (just off a Main Road) near to West Dean and Chichester. It is a complex of flintstone wall buildings located in the beautiful rural West Sussex countryside, shrouded by rolling hills with sheep grazing. It also has a pretty bridge over a Winterbourne – the River Lavant (currently dry). You can view the website of Farbridge here. You can also contact John Mickerson at the venue on 01243 776 776 or email him via their website.

On the day, I worked alongside Lisa and Oli from Buns to Banquets who I met previously at a wedding earlier this year at Arundel Town Hall and Lisa effectively coordinated things once the guests arrived at Farbridge.

Buns to Banquets provided a fantastic meal for the guests and I can testify this as they also fed me too - THANK YOU!!
I stayed right up to the speeches and cake cutting, as the couple weren’t planning a first dance, on this occasion.

The images will be available for viewing for Tori and Gareth and their families very soon. I try and allow my images to reflect an honest and thought provoking documentary approach and these, rather more than usual, are some of my favourites from this fantastic day.

As always these images are © Martin Lewis Photographer and are protected under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and may not be used for any purpose without written permission from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.